- Accessibility policy
- Official languages
- External links
- Complaints procedure
Health Nexus is committed to excellence in serving all clients including people with disabilities. We adhere to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and accessibility standards for customer service.
Our accessibility policy contains information on how Health Nexus addresses accessibility in assistive devices, communications, welcoming service animals and support persons, providing training of staff and volunteers, and our feedback process.
See the full accessibility policy as well as tips on how to increase web accessibility using various browsers here.
Health Nexus is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients, staff, volunteers, donors, and colleagues. We adhere to the fair information principles of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA): to be accountable, accurate, clear on purposes of information collection; ensure consent and limits for its use; and to provide access and recourse.
Health Nexus website content and works are licensed by the Creative Commons Canada (CC) license Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
This CC license means that you are free to download or make copies of Health Nexus materials for your own personal and educational use; and to adapt these resources under the following conditions:
- Attribution - you must give credit to Health Nexus;
- Non-Commercial - you may not use the resources for commercial purposes; and
- Share Alike - if you adapt or build on Health Nexus materials, you may only distribute the resulting work under a licence identical to this one.
Organizations can request to adapt the Best Start Resource Centre’s resources to meet their own needs, based on certain straightforward conditions. A signed letter of agreement is required. If you are requesting the electronic files of the resource for your adaptation, there is a standard fee of $25 CAD per resource. Once we have a signed letter of agreement and your payment, we’ll provide the electronic files of the resource in the format it was originally produced. Please contact us for more information or to request the template for the letter of agreement to adapt the Best Start Resource Centre’s resources.
The Health Nexus websites provides prevention and health promotion content intended for educational and informational purposes, and should not be considered a substitute for medical advice.
No commercial enterprise has had any opportunity to control or influence the content of the Health Nexus websites, or any individual page thereof.
- Health Nexus is designated as a French Language Service provider by the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care.
- Health Nexus is committed to ensuring that, where possible, information on its websites is available in both English and French.
- However, the information provided through links to external websites may be available only in English or in French, or in another language.
- Generally, Health Nexus links to websites that relate to health promotion and are non-profit.
- Health Nexus does not link to websites that have commercial activity as their sole purpose.
- In all cases linking to any site shall be at Health Nexus's sole discretion.
Health Nexus’s generally harmonious, cooperative, and supportive work environment contributes directly to the high quality of our services and products. Each member of the staff contributes to the maintenance of this environment by respecting the rights of others and being courteous towards fellow staff, management, and visitors.
However, we know that there may be times when we do not meet our own high standards. When this happens, we want to hear about it, deal with the situation as quickly as possible and put measures in place to keep it from happening again. We take your concerns very seriously and treat them as an opportunity to help us improve.
If you have a concern, please contact us via one of the following three options:
- You can call us at 416 408 2249 and someone will be pleased to assist you. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 9-5pm. If you call after hours, please leave a message and we will return your call on the next business day.
- You can email us at email@example.com
Or you can write to us at:
180 Dundas St W, Suite 301 Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Please include your name, address and contact telephone number in your email or letter so that we are able to respond to your complaint.
You will receive acknowledgement of your complaint within 2 business days of receipt and we will endeavour to address your concerns within 10 business days. If we anticipate any delays we will notify you as soon as possible to keep you informed.
Once the complaint has been received, it will be escalated to a manager and we will work diligently to fix problems, correct mistakes and address concerns. Health Nexus will treat you with courtesy and respect, and update you periodically throughout the process.
There may be rare occasions where we choose not to respond to a complaint. These include:
- When a complaint is about something that Health Nexus has no direct connection to. We may choose to reply to clear out name but we are not obliged to.
- When someone unreasonably pursues a complaint that we have already responded to.
- When a complainant is being obviously abusive, prejudiced, or offensive in their manner.
- When a complainant is harassing a staff member.
- When a complaint is incoherent or illegible.
- Health Nexus cannot respond to complaints made anonymously. However we will investigate the complaint and use the information to improve in any way we can.