The Best Start Resource Centre Conference is an annual event where service providers in preconception and prenatal health and early child development can meet, share, reflect, network and be inspired!
The annual conference attracts over 300 participants each year and allows attendees to increase their knowledge and learn innovative strategies and programs relevant to their work. The conference will showcase examples of the best and promising practices throughout Ontario and across multiple settings related to family, maternal, newborn and child health.
This year’s conference features an exciting lineup of topics and speakers.
- Application of the Baby-Friendly Initiative in Canada and What's Next?
Kathy O’Grady Venter, RN, IBCLC, BFHI Assessor and Trainer, Breastfeeding Committee for Canada
- Comprehensive Care of Pregnant Women with Cannabis Use Disorders
Dr. Alice Ordean, Medical Director, Toronto Centre for Substance Use in Pregnancy (T-CUP), St. Joseph’s Health Centre; Associate Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto
- Supporting Early Child Development: A Life-Course Perspective on Health, Wellness and Success
Dr. Paul Roumeliotis, Pediatrician and Medical Officer of Health, Eastern Ontario Health Unit
Preconference sessions offer participants in-depth learnings on key topics.
- Approaches for Engaging and Empowering Indigenous Women Through Pregnancy and Parenting
Sheila Marcinyshyn, Anishnawbe Mushkiki Community Health & Wellness
Sherry Pelletier, Beendigen
- Healthy Babies, Healthy Children (HBHC): What Makes High Quality Home Visiting? (For all HBHC Staff)
Dr. Jon Korfmacher, Associate Professor, Erikson Institute
- Preconception Health
The session will feature a number of presenters.
- L’importance du jeu amorcé par l’enfant!
Pierre Harrison, M.Sc, B.Ed, OCT/EAO, PLAYLearnThink
The Best Start Resource Centre Conference also offers the opportunity to earn International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE) CERPs for a number of sessions. To find out which sessions are eligible check out the complete conference program.