Looking to join a team passionate about health promotion? When we have vacancies, they will be posted here.
You can also subscribe to the Ontario Health Promotion e-Bulletin which regularly features job postings.
Health Nexus seeks volunteers for our Board of Directors
Health Nexus seeks 2-3 volunteers to join its Board of Directors and guide the organization during a transition as it repositions itself in response to changes in funding.
For more than 30 years, Health Nexus, a bilingual charitable organization, has worked with diverse partners to create healthy, equitable and inclusive communities by building capacity, mobilizing leadership, facilitating partnerships across sectors, and influencing health public policy. A population health approach guides the organization. Maternal and child health, and inclusive partnerships are current priorities.
Being a director of Health Nexus offers the opportunity to:
- Practice and develop personal and professional skills in the areas of leadership, communications, decision-making and management of a nonprofit, charitable organization
- Influence, through strategy development and leadership contributions, innovative thinking and growth in field of health promotion
- Work as part of a team with other directors who have a variety of backgrounds and skills
- Bring valuable skills to help advance an organization that addresses vital community needs and contributes to the building of healthy, equitable and thriving communities
- Meet people beyond your usual professional and social circle
The Board of Directors role includes:
- Directing the organization according to its by-laws
- Formulating and approving organizational policy and plans
- Providing direction and supervision to the Executive Director
- Developing and ensuring implementation of funding strategies
- Overseeing financial management
- Keeping abreast of community needs, health and social trends
- Representing and interpreting Health Nexus to the public, stakeholders and selected communities
Board member’s responsibilities are to:
- Commit to a 3 year term, renewable for a 2nd term (maximum 6 years)
- Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in board meetings approximately 4-5 meetings per year (3 day-time, in-person meetings in Toronto and 1-2 shorter, evening teleconferences.)
- Participate in individually defined small committees or workgroups
- Serve in a volunteer capacity, without remuneration or profit. Accommodation, travel and meal expenses associated with duties as a Board member are reimbursed.
Health Nexus provides orientation to ensure effective integration onto the Board. Board meetings are conducted in English.
The Board of Directors strives to represent the communities we serve including rural, urban, as well the cultural and ethnic communities that reflect our changing demographics. Business development, and/or government or public relations experience is considered an asset.
To submit a letter of interest and resume please contact Amanda Dupupet, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.408 6917.